Public Limited Company Registration
India Kickstart offers Public limited company registration with complete professional support.
(Package start at Rs. 37,999/- all inclusive govt. fees and taxes)*
Package is inclusive of
- DIN No. for three Directors
We will secure DIN no. for Three Directors with Digital Signatures (DSC)
- Name Search and Approval
Help you pick the right name of Company and register with MCA
- MOA and AOA
We will draft legally vetted MOA and AOA Constitution agreement
- Company Registration
Finally, your Company is incorporated and we shall get the registration Certificate
- Company PAN and TAN
We will obtain PAN and TAN for the Company with every incorporation.
* Prices vary for certain states and subject to authorised capital of company due to varied govt. fees
What is Public Limited Company?
Limited Company structure is largely used by matured organisations, primarily medium and large enterprises with sufficient governance and infrastructure in place to meet the complex regulatory guidelines and wider management control.
Public Limited Companies are artificial judicial person, regulated by Ministry of Corporate Affairs, where one needs to obtain registration and ensure timely regulatory filings and compliances to MCA as per requirement prescribed under Companies Act, 2013 and Company rules thereon.
Limited Company requires minimum 3 directors and minimum 7 shareholders and can have unlimited members as there is no upper limit prescribed. It has all the characteristics of private limited company of perpetual succession, artificial person, corporate positioning and offer much influenced business standing in the eyes of regulator as well as stakeholders/ investors.
Major benefit of Limited company is its ability to sell shares to outside investors and getting listed on stock exchanges. It provides robust financial growth to the company as well as wider market capitalisation to fuel the expansion plans of the company.
Cost of incorporation and compliance remains reasonably high, as limited company needs to adhere to series of mandatory ROC and tax compliances.
The process of starting up of limited Company includes mandatory requirements to have Director Identification Number (DIN), DSC for Directors, MOA and AOA to needs to be in place and necessary ROC compliances needs to be adhered by Company.
India Kickstart team possess professional expertise in incorporating all forms of Company and manage your business with professional handholding and beyond expectation customer service. We have customized choices of packages available to suit every unique business requirements.
Advantage of Public Limited Company:
Company structure restricts liability of its members and directors to the extent of their contributions. Hence, Members and directors personal assets are undersafeguard and cannot be pulled over to pay the obligations of the company and ensures Limited liability feature for stakeholders.
Limited Company is a legal entity and an artificial person in the eyes of the law, distinct from its Owners. Therefore Company has wide legal capacity and can enter into contracts, own assets, borrow funds and also can sue or be sued in its own name.
Company has perpetual succession and will continue to exist until legally dissolved, irrespective of death or changes in their members. This provides ongoing legal existence to Company over other forms of business and ensures continuity.
Shareholders are the owners of the company. In Limited Company structure, one can easily raise funds by issue of equity shares to public, Investors and VCs. Also, they can obtain listing with stock exchanges where securities of the company can be traded amongst general public, ensuring wider market capitalisation and easy transfer of ownership. Easy transferability feature makes Company structure more flexible business model to choose among enterprenuers.
A company enjoys better avenues for borrowing of funds. It can issue debentures, secured as well as unsecured, preference shares, bonds etc. and can also accept deposits from the public, etc. Even banking and financial institutions prefer to render large financial assistance to a limited company considering legal status and its form.
There are various tax advantages available to LLP compared to Private Limited Company. LLPs are taxed as Partnership firms. Hence, no dividend distribution tax, Minimum Alternate Tax and surcharges applies to LLP. Loans to partners are also not treated as deemed taxable income.
Partners are the Owners of LLP. One can easily transfer ownership of LLP by inducting them as new partner in LLP. This feature of transferability provides an edge over private limited company which has lengthy process of share transfers.
How can we help with Company Incorporation
We can get your Company registered with complete professional support in estimated 15-20 working days* with following Steps:-
Digital Signatures Certificate (DSC) and Director Identification No. (DIN) will be obtained for the proposed Directors of Company which takes about 5 to 7 working days time.
Maximum of upto Six Name Choices in the order of preference must be submitted to MCA for Name Reservation of Company name. As per availability and guidelines, MCA approves name of Company which will be reserved and aligned to their guidelines. We will secure your name reservation in 4 working days time.
On name approval, Our team will draft legally vetted Memorandum of Association and Articles Of Association (Constitution document) and submit with MCA along with application for Incorporation and necessary supportings. MCA usually approves incorporation application in about 7 working days, subject to govt. processing time. On approval, Final Registration Certificate for Company will be issued.
Every company is required to obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN). We will make application for obtaining PAN and TAN for Company with Income Tax Department ourselves, but you will need to courier hard copies of the required documents yourself. The PAN and TAN will be couriered to your registered office address in maximum 21 working days.
On receipt of PAN, TAN and Company Registration Certificate, you can open Current Account with any Bank for your Company and begin transacting business.
* Subject to govt. processing time and client documentation time.
FAQ on Public Limited Company Registration
A : Public Limited Company form is ideal business form for Medium and Large Enterprises, which gives benefit of limited liability to business owner against third party and also provides corporate identity and fund raising through public. Public company can raise funds by selling their shares via Public Issue and stock exchange listings to general public and investors. It offers wider shareholder participation and increased market capitalisation. Limited company model is best suitable for large business structure which is more trustworthy, transparent, regulated and credible in the eyes of various stakeholders.
A : Public limited company must have minimum 3 directors. , of which atleast One must be Indian Resident. It also requires atleast 3 shareholders with no upper cap on maximum shareholders.
A : Yes, Registered office can be any place either Commercial premises, Residence, rented place and so on. So you can easily give residence address as registered office, provided all the address proofs and documents are in place.
A: Any individual/organization can become the member of the limited company including foreigners/NRI. However, the individual must be above 18 years of age and should have a valid PAN card. General Public can become investor by subscribing to Public Issue of shares offered by company.
A : Absolutely No, the process of company incorporation will be 100% online and none of director/ member need to be physically present at ROC or any of our offices at all.
A: Yes, NRI or foreign national can validly become director in the Limited Company. They can also become shareholder in the company. Only requirement is Company should have atleast One Resident Indian Director.
A: MCA has prescribed certain naming guidelines to be followed by all companies in India. Name approval for some of them are also kept subjective and depends upon ROC’s opinion. By and large following guidelines needs to be adhered by the applicants:
- Short and Simple – Names should be short and simple to pronounce and resonate with objects of the company. Longs names should be avoided.
- Meaningful – Name should closely reflect nature or proposed activity of business. E.G. Tata Telecom refers to telecommunication business for the brand.
- Unique – Your company name should be unique and must not be same or similar to other existing company or misrepresent other corporate. E.G. Reliance Industries Limited is the name taken by reliance group. Now no new company name as “Reliances” or Reliance Inds. can be approved as it conflicts with Reliance company and may mislead customers being one of the popular name in Industry.
- Trademark Breach – If your proposed company name is similar to one which is already registered Trademark by someone else, then first you need to get their no objection to get the name approval. Simply Company name should not breach registered trademark laws.
- Prohibited wordings – Common words, plurals, adjectives and abbreviations are generally rejected. Hence word ABC or BEST COMPANY would get rejected. Use of illegal /abusive and un-ethical phrases is also not permitted. Further specific words related to regulatory business are not commonly allowed like Banks, Stock Exchanges, Financial Institution, Chartered Accountant, unless approval from regulatory body is submitted.
- Suffix – Name of the company should end with the wordings as “Limited” for public limited companies.
A: As public limited companies are widely held by public and traded publicly on stock exchanges, regulatory requirements placed on them are far more stringent than private limited companies. They need to adhere various detailed compliance and regulatory requirements and reportings placed by various stakeholders like ROC, Stock Exchanges, SEBI, RBI, Central Govt. etc. For example, Public company need to disclose their books of accounts and publish financial results to public at large and stock exchanges on quarterly basis.
However, Routine Regulatory Compliances prescribed by ROC for limited companies must be adhered as below:
- Maintenance of Books of Accounts and Audit by Chartered Accountant
- Filing of Annual ROC Return and submit compliance certificate for eligible companies
- Filing of Income Tax Return
- Maintenance of Statutory Register, Records, Minute Book for the Company
- Having Full time Company Secretary, Various Management Committees to be formed as prescribed by Companies Act and reporting thereof to regulators
- Internal Audits to be carried out and outcomes needs to be attended by Board
- Conducting Board Meetings, Annual General Meeting and adherence to Notice requirements
- Appointment of Auditor, Change in Directors, Registered offices and regulatory event based filings with ROC.
- Certifications of Financials, Networth and related details periodically by CA / CS.
- Timely reporting of every material event which has impact on business and members to Stock exchanges and regulators and ensure disciplined Corporate Governance practice
- Handling investor grievance, transparent investor communication and secretarial compliances.
If company fails to adhere to above compliance requirements, prosecutions prescribed for Board of Directors are significantly stringent under New Companies Act, 2013 with heavy financial penalty for defaults. Further, stringent prosecutions are also prescribed under SEBI and Stock exchange laws.
Documents required for Company Registration
To be submitted by Directors and Shareholders
Copy of PAN Card
Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card / Driving License
Copy of Passport (in case of NRI or Foreign National)
Copy of Latest Bank Statement/Telephone or Electricity Bill
Passport size photograph Scanned Copy
Specimen Signatures (signature on blank document of Directors only)
# For NRI/Foreign Nationals, All the documents must be notorised or apostilled (if in common-wealth country). In case of Resident director, all documents must be self-attested by any one director.
To be submitted for Registered Office (Place of Business)
Scanned Copy of Notorised Rent agreement (If rented property)
Scanned Copy of Landlord NOC (Format will be provided)
Latest Electricity/ Maintenance bill/ Utility Bill/ Latest Bank Statement (Place of Business)
Scanned Copy of Property papers (If owned property)
Why India Kickstart?
About India Kickstart
Just tell us a little bit about your business and you’ll have the incorporation certificate in 20 working days. It’s that simple. In addition to yours, we’ll be handling around 400 requests this month.
We make your interaction with government as smooth as is possible by doing all the paperwork for you. We will also give you absolute clarity on the process to set realistic expectations.
Our team of experienced business advisors are a phone call away, should you have any queries about the process. But we’ll try to ensure that your doubts are cleared before they even arise.